A lot of women tend to avoid lifting weights because they aren’t sure where to start. If that’s the case for you, or if you know there are areas where you could improve, come to this workshop and get tips on weight lifting technique from my friend Josh Flores, Olympic Weight Lifting Coach at JBLM Crossfit.
The workshop will at my home gym in DuPont: 2152 Anderson Ave.
Bring a friend! See you there! 🙂
Stuck at home, can’t make it to the gym, but desperate for a good workout?
(Or maybe you had too many cupcakes and aren’t exactly dying for a workout, but know you need one…been there!)
A lot people are afraid to workout at home because they don’t have a dedicated space or equipment. But the truth is, you can get an amazing, TOUGH workout in just doing bodyweight exercises with no equipment at all. Which means there are officially no more excuses!!
They always have good stuff, from workouts to nutrition to health info. Here’s a workout you can try today:
The 30-Minute, Glute-Building Bodyweight Workout from Greatist
Popsugar has tons of workouts and healthy recipes. Here’s a list of printable bodyweight workouts you can do anywhere:
The Do-Anywhere Bodyweight Workouts You Need to Know from Popsugar
3. Zuzka Light
Zuzka offers awesome youtube video workouts, many of which just use your bodyweight or household objects. But the workouts are definitely not easy…just FYI… 😉
I’ll be posting more of my own workouts in the coming days and weeks so my clients and friends can always find a great workout to do on their own. Stay tuned!
This time of year, everyone is talking about Pumpkin Spice Lattes, baked goods, and Fall treats.
Trust me, I love treats as much as the next girl, and pumpkin is a nutritional powerhouse, but there’s no pumpkin in a PSL! (Probably not a huge surprise to anyone, but still.)
I’m working on finding ways to enjoy Fall flavors while still nourishing my body and making sure I refuel…here are a few recipes I am going to be trying this September:
Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
from Yummy Mummy Kitchen
Cider-Dijon Pork Chops with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Perfect Roast Chicken
from Jamie Oliver
What about you? What are your favorite real food Fall recipes? I’d love to hear!
Training hard is only 20% of the total fitness equation. The other 80% comes from how well your refuel your body. This is where the challenge is for most people. I have found a few meals that are easy to make and have ready in the fridge. Stay tuned for my meals. Feel free to share your ideas and meals.
Family training session tonight. Do you like working out with your family?
The Strong Moms Gym is put together and ready for you to come get stronger and healthier! I am here to guid you and push you to reach the goals you set.
Today is a big day for Strong Moms Fitness! Some of my new equipment started arriving and the rest should be here later tonight. Stay tuned for a picture of my updated gym.
There is nothing more rewarding then following a dream. I encourage you to follow your dreams.
Eating quality whole foods is important to an overall fitness program. Your body runs better when fueled with good food, meaning you can train harder.
What about you? What or who inspires you to hit the gym?